Wednesday, October 14, 2009

About Me

I'm Erin. I'm a computer science major when I'm in school. I spend a lot of my time currently being a college dropout due to health and financial issues. I work for the security division of one of the computer world's largest storage solutions.

I want to be a farmer.

I was born dirt poor in the middle of nowhere in Massachusetts. I grew up less poor in the middle of nowhere in Massachusetts. I spent a lot of my time fucking around on a family friend's farm.

I tried living in Boston and the surrounding cities for four years. It didn't take. Neither did being in school. So I dropped out and moved to a different middle of nowhere still in Massachusetts.

I currently live in a six-family house with my dog, a handful of indoor cats, and the flimsiest lock known to man on my front door. Thank god for friendly neighbors. Needless to say, my apartment is pretty small, but the size of the yard is worth it.

While the yard is big, I have no garden because I expect to pull up stakes in six months, when my internship -- and thus my cash flow -- runs out. Instead, I spend my time at farmers' markets and ag fairs, dreaming of the farm I'll have when I secure a steady job.

Dykestra's Algorithm is a pun on Dijkstra's Algorithm, the solution to the shortest path search problem in graphs. I'm a dyke looking for the shortest path to a farm of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment