Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In Which Our Heroine Is Concerned About Finances

The more I look at ads for small farms on websites, the more I become convinced that it is hard being a single person.

No matter how much I work, no matter how much I can reasonable expect to be paid, I will never be able to afford a farm that is selling for more than 300K, and that's being generous. Yet everything I look at in Massachusetts is asking 350+K. Unless, of course, I'm willing to settle for a <1 acre lot.

Which I am not.

I should be grateful, I know. At least I know I will be able to afford some sort of house plus land when the time comes. The time probably won't come for another ten years, but in the meantime I can afford to rent and own animals on rented land. I am lucky.

But, in the traditional American Way, I can't help but want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment